Saturday, November 05, 2005

Who I live With Part 4: Pops

I'd like to think that whenever you live somewhere away from home, you need to have some sort of stability, a final word. Back in BC I had that in my mom and dad, and it's no different here in Ontario. Meet Dad.



Eric O'Neil
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 140 lbs
From: Wingum, ON
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Eric is the residence advisor (RA) for our fine dorm. He was the one that sent out all the letters in August, put all our names on the doors on the first day we arrived, and made us feel welcomed. As his job in being the RA, he showed us the ropes of living together, and set down the rules which we were to live by. This to us seemed like he was playing a very fatherly role. We then called him dad. It's nice having a dad in the house, though it couldn't replace what I've got back at home. Eric's room mate Randall if affectionately called Mamma Rand, but we'll get to that later. Eric loves to laugh and have a good time. His love for God is evident and challenges us to live a life that is real in our relationship with God. He does weekly out-reaches with the youth in downtown Hamilton, and he sing very loudly in the shower. The singing make our dorm unique, and give it a great vibe. Solid guy.
Tomorrow: David Devries

No comments: