Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Defining the Ultimate

If words were like people and if they were forced to do high-jump for their Grade 8 Christian school track meet, I'm positive that "Sporadic" would dominate and win it all.

Whilst I sit here eating my oma's cookies, I am forced, nay, persuaded to think about some of my favorite things. It seems like I do one of these every six months, so for the sake of habitual activities, I'm going to give 'er skiddo.

1) Hiding under blankets - I'm not sure why this has clung to me so fast and strong, but I just love getting all giddy while I pull my cotton shield (+32 Stamina, 3258 armor)over my head and laugh about words like "turtle" or "umbrella".
2) As mentioned above, my oma's cookies - it's not so much that I'm a such a cookie lover, but rather the taste of homemade chocolate chippers from someone that loves you adds that extra 'umph' to the eating. These cookies are bloody expensive because their sentimental value is through the roof.
3) Editing video - shoot man, whenever I do this activity it's like someone takes a spiked paddle and smacks the creative pixies residing in my duodenum to release dopamine. That is to say, I feel good when I edit. It's weird how I can watch the same edited video over and over again without getting sick of it. Bizarre.
4) Forts - D37 made a fort out of their mattresses and blankets. Did you hear that mom? They're allowed to build a fort. I remember that back when I was a wee creative child, all I wanted to do was build a crappy two foot high fort out of our six earth coloured cushions we had in our living room. Unfortunately most of the time when I built this fort my mother asked me to tear it down. No hard feelings though, I suppose.
5) Norah - Norah Norah Norah Norah Norah. Oh, sweet glory, Norah.
6) Jazz Piano - Yarr, this might somewhat be connected to the above, but I'm just a big fan of soft background jazz filling the air while heartfelt conversation is had or when I crit an elite for over 1500. It's just magical. Stewart mentioned that whenever he sees me play basketball I'm smiling, and I'm sure that it's the same when I listen to jazz.
7) World of Warcraft - Oh the expansion, how you elude me.

So yeah, there you have it for another quarter. For the record, I ate about a dozen cookies during this writing session. So chocolaty.

No comments: