Friday, January 12, 2007

Choose Your Own Adventure

Blorg. Flarg florple marken treble. Grapes.

There was this item in my fridge that was tucked away nicely on the bottom shelf. The tupperware container was very pretty; a nice blue body that hadn’t seen much wear and would most likely hold up very well in a microwave. This blue container was remotely transparent so that one could just make out what's on the inside, like a shadow on the wall. Its smells were mysterious, as were its texture and taste. Only the one who put it there knows what was inside, unless the food, cosmetic or mystical creature inside knew of its own existence. But to everyone who looked into the fridge, the containers contents remain unknown. Upon seeing this container, I was, at first, unimpressed. My mind was on the milk I needed for my cereal. However, upon another visit, the container caught my attention and sparked a curiosity. I found myself, from time to time, being completely obsessed with the container while the fridge door was closed, but as soon as I saw it again, it disinterested me. On and off this curiosity flamed and withered until finally, with caution place firmly in my back pocket, I went and examined the contents of the tupperware. With hands shaking, I reached in for the container, pausing only for a second before grasping it with my fingers. At first touch it felt as if the blue plastic would engulf me, covering me with its cool disposition. But alas! It was only the crisp air of the fridge that brought about this defiant tingling. I pulled it out, and as I did I quickly shut the fridge door, leaving no escape for the contents to leap out and hide back in the cold darkness. I wish the story could end in a way which would quench the thirst of your curiosity, but I cannot logically recall what happened the moment my thumb cracked the firm lid off to reveal what was inside.

Three hours later I awoke, sprawled out on the kitchen floor, numb to all feeling. Upon opening my eyes I saw a slick trail of what seemed to be green-brown gravy leaving the kitchen. I followed the trail with my eyes, astonished as to what I would have witnessed. Before me, not ten feet away, the trail ended. And then, with my eyes, I understood it all...

Finish the story yourself, I think there's no limit for text in the comments. Try to make it less than a page.

No comments: