
Please also note that "me" does not mean the reader, but instead the maker of the graph, that is to say, James. Back in middle school, ones decisions usually had little to no consequence for your future. In high school you start laying down the the flimsy foundation for what you will be doing after high school, but as long as you stay decently on top of your school work, your future is in no immediate danger. In grade 12 the pressure of answering the frequently asked annoying questions, "So what are you doing after high school/ what do you want to do next in life/ what will you be in the future" starts to build up, but usually once a school or job is chosen, the pressure subsides and dies down like the bubbles and foam of a boiling pot of spaghetti once the lid is removed. Oh, and for the future, instead of asking kids to map out the next 10+ years of their life by asking said above questions, ask them "what are your gifts, what do you enjoy doing." How many people, even in university, know what they're doing with their next two years even? Shoooot.
I had an opportunity to work in a lab this summer in Ontario. Turns out that I didn't get the job and now I'll be shipping my soft and luscious booty back to BC. Mixed feelings indeed, and possibly a kick in the junk to what I thought I had planned out for my future. After all, who always wants to be away from friends no matter where they go? Shoot indeed. Life decisions indeed.
To finish this off, check out this cover of the Outcast song "Hey Yeah." It's a good' un. Very soothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment