"The rain and Sean's condition made us turn back, probably the way an alligator on the green of a Florida golf course would make some senior golfers go to the next hole and take a bogey."
"This past week, I've felt a bit like a cosine graph. Not the type of cosine graph that you translate up so that it initially seems more impressive, but more like a reciprocated sine graph, translated three to the right, flipped on the x-axis and then left to hang on the "y" to dry."
10) Lists of ten. Mmmmm, metric.
"Mmmm. Oh Nora, why couldn't you have been Canadian, five years younger and lived in the lower mainland? I bet, with 10 to 1 odds that I would be dating her. Whatever the case, she is none of those, so I'll just have to listen to her music in the mean time."
Youge (adv, n) (yoo-je) ("je" as in french for "I")
1)To describe to someone of a habitual interaction with ones environment
a) Little or no change in ones daily routine
"In the past week, I have been up to the youge."
b) To be stuck in a rut that is comfortable
"Seth, I've been worried about how much you have been playing Zelda. It seems to have become the youge for you."
Sunday was good. Church was good, including Josh Ng's picture of pirates and a jester saying "poo."
"I got my hair cut. I went from a rugged stallion with long flowing hair and a vicious beard that could make a girl faint from the pure sight of it, to a clean cut stereotypical guy who is between the ages of 13-30 in North America."
"Finals are next week, and I didn't really realize it. They "snuck up" on me metaphorically, which is funny, because finals are just going to be pieces of paper with ink on them in the form of questions. How can inky paper sneak up on you. I doubt that paper or ink has any will to say to itself, "I shall sneak up on this student. Oh, sweet glory, I shall sneak up indeed!" That is why I put "snuck up" in quotations and mentioned it as a metaphor. Ink and paper... no will. Oddly enough, a physical will for a person is usually written on paper with ink describing who gets what, so maybe ink and paper is a will in itself. Thus we can conclude that although ink and paper have no mindful will themselves, they can be a will for someone else, or more likely, another piece of paper with ink on it. So, maybe the finals that snuck up on me are not going on their own will, but instead on the will of other pieces of paper, possibly receipts or newspaper articles."
"I've discovered the glorious "world" which I left for four months this Christmas while trying to get Brian nice gear for his character. Since those two weeks I've been playing far too much, and it's been positively glorious and fulfilling. Would this account for the total lack of contact that I've had with my fellow human beings in my social circles (possibly and octagon)? I would like to think not."
No comments:
Post a Comment