Saturday, December 02, 2006

I’ve Been Practicing My Regional Diction

As I sit here in my dark room - roommate sleeping, weather snowing, Ben Folds playing, armpits smelling - I feel very content. Sometimes you just are relaxed, almost as if every action you perform feels like your taking a hot shower or sitting in a leather bean bag chair. Sometimes things just click together, like the sick castle Lego set I got for Christmas when I was 10. You remember those glow-in-the-dark ghost pieces? Man, those were sweet.

I saw Stranger than Fiction last night, and I'm fairly sure that it's the best movie I've seen in the past three months. Don't get me wrong, Moulin Rouge was great, but you should have seen me while I watched this movie; I was grinning the whole time like a big idiot. Maybe it was because of the editing in that movie... just fantastic.

Last night in general started off very well. T'was a rainy day (been pouring all week, while BC has our weather) and a group of us went to play some basketball. Just glorious. After that a nap ensued, and then a walk in the now clear, but windy outdoors to Swiss Chalet. After some fantastic chicken and a pint, all of us were in good spirits and made our way over to the movie. Just great. Thus concludes my spending spree of the month. Pity it came on the first of the month.

I've noticed a few things that bug me these past couple of weeks.

1) I know this might seem a bit mean, but it bugs me when I see young people tuck their t-shirts into their jeans. Young is 15-24. Especially when the shirt has a bad design, logo, etc. I don't know why, but it just rubs me the wrong way. Polo shirts tuck in...absolutely fine.
2) Milk in bags. This reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld act when he's describing how Asians use chop sticks. "We all known they've seen the fork. I mean, you don't see a Chinese farmer working the fields with a couple of pool cues." So Ontario, you've seen the 4L jug. Please, freaking use it. Having to change a bag of milk after 3 bowls of cereal is just ridiculous, and your milk tastes like cheap plastic.
3) The fact that I still visit and read the Warcraft website regularly. Why do I do it? Freakin' eh, I'm not sure. But it bugs me because when someone sees me reading the forums I get embarrassed, and rightly so. Come on James, step it up.
4) The pond that forms in front of our porch when it's rained a little bit. It is quite silly.

Werd.

No comments: