I believe I've found something out. Females love the countdowns. Sure, you'll have the occasional guy that has his msn updated saying " n days till the expansion pack comes out" but most of the time I think you'll find the ladies far more concerned about upcoming dates. Just a thought.
As per usual with the blogging, stuff needs to be done on my end. I've got a final push ahead of me that seems strangely blurred with the faint yet bass-filled knocking of exams and late assignments. Although my exam schedule does seem a bit hectic, stressful if you will, I will be home a bit earlier because of it. For that I'm joyful.
It has snowed a fair amount in BC. It has not snowed here yet.
This past fall, 'Deems got a new chaplain in the man of Syd Helima. I had the chance to talk to this man briefly about the Dutch bingo that we shared and was so prevalent about campus. We also got to talking about the Holy Spirit. On this I will briefly elaborate.
I think T-Dub has an intro religion class in which the question of "Holy Spirit: God or Chemical High" is brought up. This just addresses if our "spiritual highs" are the doings of God, or rather just endorphins being released into our blood stream. T-dubers, correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever the case, when I asked Syd about the Christian highs and lows that we often face (I also asked about his take on Reformers having lowers highs, and shallower lows while Petacostal types are vise versa) and his response was that we far to often connect the Holy Spirit with our feelings. This is not to say that the Holy Spirit doesn't work though our feelings, but instead that we're limiting him to only that "warm fuzzy" feeling that we sometimes experience. Let's face it; if our entire Christian goal was to fall backwards, bawl our eyes out and speak in tongues we wouldn't see a whole lot of evangelism. Back to the topic. Syd said that the Holy Spirit works in every part of us. Whether that be in our intelligence, our memories, our feelings, health, wisdom, etc. A lot of the time when the Holy Spirit is working, we're not giving him a high five in the process, but instead we look back and see how events have unfolded and say "How did I get through that" or "Hmm, wonder why I said that to that person" and the like. That is all for this thought. Mange it.
I read Life of Pi this past week. I enjoyed it. I think I'll recommend it later.
We set up a Christmas tree in our living room. Decorated it. Pretty. Neat. It does add a lot to the dorm, and I think that we're keeping the room neater as not to offend the tree and its beauty. We should really put a tree in the bathroom.
You guys should read Life of Pi. Good book.
No comments:
Post a Comment