Back in the shadows of my brain there lays a longing to hear a certain song. But, that song's title could to come to mind. I knew the general tune of the song, but not really the lyrics, and I knew it was performed by Dave Matthews Band. Well, that song was named Two Step. One mystery of many solved for today.
I was thinking about what a memory was. First, we can say that it is a mental impression retained. One thing I never really thought about was the biological aspect of a memory. Granted, I still know nothing about it in this way, but just thinking about it is kind of neat. A memory is most likely (not too sure, but fairly certain) just a bunch of chemicals stored in a sequence in some part of your brain. Now, maybe I should say "just" because even the thought of recording events that ones experienced by a mean of various chemicals is quite amazing. One of the coolest things about them, though, is that they're like a bank. You need a memory, you go and find it then reflect, smile, cry, or laugh about it. Like that time when...., and you did..., and we.... it's all unique for each person. Every perspective of a certain event of the past has been recorded in some way by someone’s body. That just blows me away. Incredible.
And then there are things that haven’t happened but that your are looking forward to. I suppose its the memory of things to come. For instance, one could be looking forward to going to a hockey game, reading a book, or possibly going to Florida with ones dorm for reading break. Whether or not the chemical resemblance of these two things is similar or fairly different is up for grabs, but whatever the case, science is neat.
And for controversy's sake...............science can explain everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment