Thursday, November 16, 2006

Americans Have No Honour

Long blog, brace yourself.

So, Americans have no honour. However, they do have honor. Ha! I've been wanting to write a blog for a while and I originally wanted to do it on the subject of funny spelling differences, but as time went by that notion got progressively less humourous. Flargen. Granted, just so I can voice my opinion, I think the Canadian spelling of "centre" is wack. I mean, who was the quack that decided to screw that one up. Frick, I still spell it center, and believe me, I'm very patriotic about putting my "u's" where they're supposed to go. Anyways, enough with that.

Wait, no, not yet. One more thing that I wanted to post about that I thought was funny at the time was the thought about emailing yourself from the past. Pretty much you email to the future then read it a day after. When actually written down, it seems pretty stupid, but Kirk and I sure got a kick out of it. Seriously, we were laughing for 10 minutes straight (almost) while we were at a girls dorm for dinner. Kind of weird, but still epic.

I'm feeling "blarrg" right now. That deep feeling in ones stomach where your not sure if you want to eat sugary things, go for a run or just sit on your ass and skip class. It's a very peculiar feeling, maybe a glorified lethargic could describe it. Whatever the case, my thought has concluded that writing will get me out of this lazy rut and into a progressive mode. Poops.

Alright, now it is time to pull out some musing from my fairy vault that contains all my sparks of originality.

I have come to realize that there are a few types of people or things that make me antisocial. When I say "antisocial" I mean that I feel inclined to not speak, make eye contact, and generally retreat, possibly to the security of a hoodie over my head. It can be good or bad, depends how you look at it. The first situation, which is long past, is to retreat to the game where I spent a good part of my past two years. Here, I was anti-social, even though I pleaded with others that it is in fact a social game. Needless to say, none of the bonny lads and lasses that I played with have called me up for a coffee or a Slovakian pastry. The second situation is where there is a person in a group outside of class that feels inclined to lead all the conversation of the group, almost becoming a dictator of the relaxing communication that we so enjoy outside of our demanded answers in the class room setting. These people talk excessively, very loud, and laugh at stupid things that make you want to hit them across the side of the head with a large pacific salmon or perhaps a tuna fish. I’ve only come across of few of these this past year, and in one instance I wasn’t even in the group this guy was commanding. To have a fish at that time…wow, that would be fantastic. The third type of people, which could fit under the category of the above mentioned, are those people who prod for information about your life with no real basis for doing so. Most of the time the people barely know you, or rather, know someone who knows you, which obviously (sarcasm?) gives them reason to know all about you.

I could also be antisocial because I'm tired.

So, there you are. Without even being the third type of person, I told you about myself. Wow, all you have to do is listen, or read, I guess.

As a side note, these three categories have no person(s) in particular, so if you're like, "Man-o-boy-howdy, I hope that wasn't directed at me," please, don't worry. They're not you, just observations of people I've met in the past.

I’m going to email myself now.

Peace.

No comments: