Friday, December 29, 2006

Criticism as Inspiration

The title refers to a grand song by Pedro the Lion. I always liked the title - it sounds kind of catchy.

Sprinkle this post with some creative salt because it's a bit bland.

The Christmas holidays are close in passing with the celebration of New Year's being the only large calender event left. I still have no idea what I'll be doing. Being sick for the past week has also put a damper on some of the festivities. When one comes home to home cooking and a Christmas dinner, one better be able to taste the glory that is a meal cooked by mom or dad. Alas, a mashed potatoe and turkey dinner was wasted on me.

When coming home to BC, one hopes to accomplish a few things. The first would to spend time with friends and family. The second would be to see the beautiful city that is Vancouver. The last would to see the mountains close up. There are, of course extra bonuses that can be thrown into the mix, such as taking a Skytrain, seeing a Canucks game or going for a swim in the ocean. I have felt that my time in BC has encompassed much of this list.

I have spent time with friends and family, I have gone downtown and have seen the enormous construction cranes garnished with colourful festive (heehee) lights, and if all works out, next week I'll be going skiing. I also have stuck my finger into and tasted the creamy and sweet extras of BC this past week as well. On Wednesday, Brian's friend called him up and offered him tickets to a Canucks game. I tagged along and saw them win 6-5 in OT against the blasphemous Flames. We took the Skytrain to get there. My family also got a new kitty. We call him Shoot, and it's very nice. It is sitting and purring on my lap as I type. It is warm.

I have been reacquainted with Scrubs. I forgot how funny that show is.

I shall parallel this post with the sweet and sour chicken rice dish I made a while back. It had potential, and it was filling, but it tasted as if I had a cold. That is to say, it had no taste.

Tigers.

No comments: