Yarrr, I know I've said it before many times, but gee golly miss molly, time flies by like no other. At the end of August it was my buddies and I, chillaxing, having a good time and these events made me question whether or not I should go to Redeemer. I was having such a good time. But then the flight over to the Stinky O quickly changed my mind as a whole other community that I had left for four months came and surrounded me. No, maybe surrounded doesn't cut it. Maybe it was like I was a bone-dry cloth dropped into a big tub of tasty eggnog - I got soaked with community when I went to Redeemer. And that's my last four months, and sweet glory, what fantastic months they have been. I barely remember the assignments, and I'm just able to recall the late nights talking, watching the office and paying Matt to pee his pants.
The flight home was good. The psudo-allnighter that was pulled the day of the flight kind of knocked the metaphorical teeth out of my metaphorical head, that is to say I was quite tired. My neck felt like it had a small rodent in it, so it was uncomfortable to use the headrest to sleep. I was innovative though, and pull the church sleeping position (we've all done it at one point) where I put my head in my hands. I rested my elbows on the food tray and got some shut-eye like that. Heh, then at one point one of my elbows slipped off the tray mid-sleep and I jolted awake with a surprised "auhhh". The guy sitting next to me must have had a good chuckle.
I had a layover in Calgary then caught another flight over. Things were looking good on that flight when I saw that most people had boarded and that I had an entire row to myself. I parked myself by the window seat and started to relax. Go figure, a family with two small but very vocal girls come and parks their keesters right by me. Maybe it was because I was tired, but this girl was the most annoying person I've ever met on a flight. She should be a sportscaster because she was doing a flippen play by play of the entire flight, with commentary that extended to questions such as "Hey dad! Dad! Daddy! Hey dad! What's this?" as she pointed to the seat belt. All right, I know she's a kid, but who doesn't know what a seat belt looks like? Apparently she did know what it was because she put it on as she was bothering her father, asking what it was. Man, when I have kids I'll drop them off at grandma and grandpa's before I go on a flight. That's what my parents did.
Back to BC. Pretty much when I came here I found another community that I had left, and they too soaked me, but instead of eggnog, they were skim milk in a glorious 4L jug. I like skim milk for the record people. Skim keeps you slim. Hahaha.
Peace, this is getting boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment