Monday, July 02, 2007

Silver Nettle as My Tenant

Time flows like the lush rivers of British Columbia, which makes sense because there were flood warnings in BC last month. If you followed that analogy, then you would see that it would be comparable to a mother cheetah chasing down a medium sized antelope in order for her cubs to have some lunchy.

I'm in BC, and I woke up this morning having a hard time walking and just standing without being dizzy. It's a good 20 minutes since then and I'm still having difficulty, which leads me to at least two conclusions.

Conclusion the First: The mattress that was taken out of our crawl space so thatI could have some place to lay my head was infused with some sort of noxious mycelium whose spores have enter into my respiratory system, and then progressed either to my right kidney or to my brain to set up base. I would assume right kidney because that's the sense of balance for your body. Yep, the kidney. No, really, Mrs. Chaing lied to you in BIO101. She doesn't do that often, but you know how British people can get. Cheers.

Conclusion the Second: Someone, in the middle of the night, injected my very being with some sort of sober drunkenness, in where only my limbs and a small portion of my face is affected. This enables me to function in a normal intellectual fashion while sitting, which is adequate for morning conversation at the breakfast table, however it does cause me to loose all credibility when I attempt to go through a door and whack it with my shoulder. Again, good sirs and misses, cheers.

Ree and I are out in glorious BC defying all the odds of weather seeing as the past two days were supposed to be filled with filtered water from the sky. Instead we have experienced very nice 20-25 degree sunshine which, when it decides to stop, leaves the mountains towering in an intimidating black. The mountains then try to snuff the sun out, while the sun puts up one last fight to radiate the reds, oranges and pinks that it knows the mountains hate. Needless to say, this battle is a pretty one to watch, and we've been 2/2 for spotting it so far this trip.

We're here till next Sunday, so I suppose there will be many things to be talked about when we get back. Part of me is just excited seeing that Katrina and Ryan are shipping themselves on a plane to Alberta, which in my opinion, is not as good as BC, but does have some pretty stellar people.

If this feeling continues I might be tempted to make a scene in a public place. Good day to you all.

No comments: