Three more days until I'm glory bound, hitching a flight back to where you don't sweat at 7 in the morning. This is a time of transition I feel, as all the kiddies just got out of school and as the university students realize that the last time they wrote exams was two months ago and there's still two months until the first class.
I like Hamilton. It's a beautiful city if you know where to look. I find it soothing, deep in my loins. Ree and I went to a small music shop that was near Brian's house so I could pick up some strings for the old splapper-twang. This shop was pretty cool, mostly because the prices were great, and the guy had to write out my receipt by hand because his store is that small. So cool.
This past weekend I had the privilege of seeing Jordan unexpectedly. He was sleeping on my couch listening to Elvis when I came home, which initially freaked me out. After realizing it was Jordan by the Superman sticker on his iPod, I woke him up, and we had an enjoyable evening catching up. Glory.
Ryan got back from tree planting, and it seems like everyone is migrating back to Hamilton as a few more people started working at the school. It's nice to see familiar faces. I hope many faces will be seen in BC.
The job is also going well. After a very nice meeting at the local university of McMaster, my project seems well on its way. It's very exciting, and again, I quite enjoy wearing a lab coat. They fit quite well- snug against the hips and gently caressing the lats.
I am the Warchief.
No comments:
Post a Comment