After three weeks of living on my own, I've come to realize a few things.
First of all, it is a great feeling to get a deal on food at the store. Whether it be $0.99 chocolate milk, $1 off tasty cream cheese or the ever so sought after $1 off microwaveable lunches, getting a deal on the food you wouldn't normally eat spices up your week.
Secondly, I've realized that it is splendid to eat meals with people. Having had a few solo meals this past month, I would have to say that they don't even come close to the enjoyment of having tasty food with even tastier personalities. By far the highlight of each day would be dinners with Rob and Bri or with the Sikkemas.
Thirdly, I've realized that biking almost 20 km every day gives you more energy during the day, which means less sugary snacks consumed throughout the day to give you the jolt you need. Biking also gives you shapely legs which 70% of men desire for themselves.
Fourthly, I've come to grips with the face that "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman," which is to say, I am a man. The boy seems far behind, and despite what future comments might say, I feel like an adult.
Fifthly, I've realized that having sore glutes increases the difficulty of every day movements, including sitting and rising. But we all know that I would rather have sore glutes for an afternoon than have a live tiger pursue me everyday on my walk home from work. There is tall grass on my commute, very tall.
Another thought that struck me in the ear this past week is having to do with sin and salvation. Through Adam sin entered into the world. Through one man, the entire globes was tainted, off center from where it should be. But, just as sin came into the world through one man, so did salvation. Never really made the connection before, but I thought it kind of cool.
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment