Sometimes you feel like you need to scream. Sometimes you feel like you need to just sit and get into the fetal possition. And yet again, there are times when all you need is someone...anyone, who can be a comfort, a strong pillar to hold up the shotty roof you slapped together that is supposed to protect you from the elements. 'The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."' What a contrast of the "it was good" from the first chapter of Genesis.
Is God saying that He is not enough? Well, I suppose in a way He is. God created us male and female, and although there is that connection between and man and a woman, I think what I'm trying to get at is that God made more than one person. God made it possible for there to be more than two people. God made us for community. Whatever the heck that means when you're living on your own, I'm still trying to figure out. Things are more difficult out of the cozy walls of the Redeemer community, but I'm still trying to see that although the water is colder, it might be more refreshing. No, scratch that, more situationally refreshing. I have no idea where this thought is going, so I'll backtrack and take the metephorical damp tunnel that will lead me to what I really want to talk about...tomorrow I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment