This past weekend I moved downstairs into a smaller room where I will be residing by myself. As I pondered about my new habitat, I came to an understanding that in reality, all this room would become is a temporary barrier in which I will weave ideas into a high concentration only to unleash the flood of beauty each time I break free of it's walls and enter into the open system which is our world. Actually, I wasn't thinking that at all, but instead was thinking, "Man, this room would look totally bitching if I had a Hillary Duff poster over my bed." The following day I went to Zellar’s and purchased it. Go figure.
As school continues to progress forward like a hummingbird sucking the sweet nectar from a calibrichoa, I realize how good it is to be here. I miss my folks back at home, but they seem to have been pushed into the background while the artist which is my schedule paints business in an array of colours over them leaving them as foggy shapes that must be remembered instead of seen.
I must admit though, the artist is quite talented. Warm yellows of various conversations, rich greens and reds of cuisine, and deep purples of rest are only part of the spectrum that completely fills the canvas of my 24 hour day. And of course the dark streaks and shading of classes and assignments outline everything else, putting the portrait that is me into focus.
I think that being burned out like an unattended pot of spaghetti will be easy this year. I mean, there's just so much going on, so much to do, and yet I'm not worried in the least. All I'm thinking about right now is the 16th Annual La Dormitoire, the new Redeemer semi-formal fall ball that will be on our front porch this Saturday. Dance dance dance.
I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment