Greetings to you all.
So, as of right now, I'm in Ontario where it is quite sunny and where the animals frolic free. I saw a squirrel and a bunny on my way to work this morning. Just prime.
And as for work, it's turning out to be pretty stellar. The first week and a bit I expect to be so-so, just because it's training, which consists of reading and more reading. But after that I have the privilege of taking on a project. Dr. Berkelaar will be overseeing it, but I believe for the most part, it's my "chunk" that I get to contribute to the research. Pretty fantastic. Over the next couple of months I will be trying to make thallium and cadmium ion selective electrodes using such chemicals as N,N,N',N'-tetradodecyl-3, 6-dioxaoctanedithioamide. You might be rolling your eyes, but I got pretty excited about that. So, after a few hours of delicious reading and some taping popsicle sticks for identification reasons, I sit here talking about my first day. Oh, and I get my own work area...so cool.
It was an uneventful flight over and the 40 year old man who was sitting next to me needed to have a lesson on how to sit still for more than 5 seconds. But still, seeing Ree at the airport made me forget about the flight. Penguins.
As a side note, The Postal Service song "Brand New Colony" was performed live by Ben Gibbsies on one of his solo tours. Great song, it's just fantastic.
Not sure what else is left to write, I suppose I'll keep an animal count for you tomorrow.
Peace y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment