Saturday, April 14, 2007

Brian Wilson

I love it when you forget about things that you once enjoyed. They might be rather small or large things, but once in a while, after an extended period of time separated from this thing, you encounter it again. A rush of old memories collides with the gremlins in your kidneys and you get a tingling feeling. I just had that with the BNL song "Brian Wilson" while listening too my iPod. This song brings me back to doing newspapers as a young high school chap after school on Wednesdays. It was on a marvelous CD in which I had made. This CD was the best of Crash Test Dummies and BNL and it might still be one of my favorite "mixes." Sweet glory.

Yeah, Game 2 was lacking in intensity, and every time Sopel touched the puck I yelled at the TV for him to get rid of it, but I'm still in good spirits. Despite his dirty dirty hair, I have no idea why we picked up that guy again. Game 3 will be ours; we're gold on the road. One thing that's a highlight is that Naslund is playing the best I've seen of him all season. He's hitting guys, doing spinnoramas and finally shooting the puck with confidence. He'll be our hero, with, of course, T. Lid. Timot and I were discussing what name we would get on our jersey if we were ever to purchase one. I think I would get a Linden (who wouldn't?) or a Cooke jersey. I still remember when Neil busted out his hockey helmet and ran hipchekcing people into the lockers while yelling "Matt Cooke!" in high school. Man, I love the playoffs.

Due to the fact that I just handed it my last three assignments, all I have to worry about now is 5 tests. Some people hate exam time, but I love it. There's no labs, no 8 AM classes, no assignments, just whole days given to you in which you can study at your leisure. It's glory, pure glory.

This past Friday I was given the opportunity to judge at a elementary school science fair for grade 7 and 8 kids. I hated being called a kid when I was in grade 7, but that's what they are. Science is the future people. Science rules.

Flying home on the 27th, looking forward to the Gloryland.

Peace.

No comments: