Monday, February 13, 2006

I Love Showers

At the moment I have 3 fantastically marvelous CD's that I have magically put together with the help of my music collection and the glorious technology of CD burners. Showering has never been better.

I was never one to listen to music whilst growing up in Ye Olde Surrey. I think the greatest extent of me listening to things in the shower was when I put on Grizzly games on my moms ghetto blaster so I could hear the sweet connections of Mike Bibby and Micheal Dickerson shouted out by the announcer (what was his name again...It's kinda bugging me.) But ever since my RA (Ye Olde Eric O'Neil) started blasting praise music and singing aloud with the power of a Glucose ---> ATP reaction that was unsupervised by biological catalysts, I never thought that music and hot water really connected.

I tried it out, and I believe (to the extent that one can understand his own thoughts and action in response to his environment) that I like it. First of all, to make the shower the best possible, I stepped up the hygienic products. From now on my shampoos are Herbal Essence of the fruity variety (currently Citrus Lift, which pretty much smells like you're washing your hair with grapefruits and oranges) and my soap is Irish Spring with aloe.

Now comes the music. It all depends what mood I'm in, but my 3 CD's are the best of
1) Pedro the Lion (1st three song: Indian Summer, Criticism as Inspiration, Second Best)
2) Norah Jones (Painter Song, Come Away with Me, Sunrise)
and
3) The Weakerthans (Left and Leaving, One Great City, ....not sure)

I know the fist few songs because I don't random the discs and my showers are about 10 minutes long. But those ten minutes are fantastically glorious. They include me singing harmony, playing air guitar (Adam, you taught me everything I know), and dancing while trying to maintain my balance on the slick floor. I don't think there's anything I enjoy more than hot water and music.

Peace out.

P.S. Bryant Reeves sucks.

No comments: