I feel like I've been lazy on the blogs, which then accounts for me being busy somewhere else. So, if there is a drought of blogs on my part, know that I'm busy. Werd. Anywho, speaking of busy, this weekend was retarded.
On Friday night I went out for dinner at one of Brian and Laura's favorite Mexican restaurants with Josh Ng and Dave Dekleer. Good times. The chicken chimichanga's (or however you spell them) were the highlight of my combo platter. Then I went home and was in bed by 1 for my big day which was to be.
I woke up at 7:30 in the morning with that "weekend tournament feeling." I was almost half expecting to walk over to Dan's house to wait for the McKay's to pick us up, but, it was not so. I was on the other side of things this time, running the tourny rather than playing. That morning I realized how much I missed high school sports and the friends I have that made up the team last year. Anywho, because I was one of two carded refs at the tournament, I was there for just under 14 hours. I think I was paid $40... such is life. I think I got paid for reffing the final game too, so maybe 50-55 then. Needless to say, it was a long day with volleyball which would never reach the "Elgin Park vs. Semi" or the "FVC vs. MEI" rivalries.
Flashback: Do you remember that fateful night, where, in the Fraser Valley Finals the glorious Falcons defeated the MEI Eagles? Oh, the glory. Those times, ladies and gentlemen, are the time that you'll cherish. Not because of the points or the final score, but rather for the festivities after. Glory.
Sunday was good. Church was good, including Josh Ng's picture of pirates and a jester saying "poo." Soup at Brian's (cauliflower and apple, butternut squash and chipotle peppers, and dirty German onion soup) then it was off back to the dorm to finish the first season of the Roswell series. This week is midterms. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment