New word in my vocabulary: "Youge". Very helpful term that I've been using for a while, but just recently recreated the spelling of. Twas formally spelt something like "usue" or something to that effect. But now, the youge is now clarified and ready to cause havoc. Similar to "werd" but different uses.
Werd (adv) (wûrd):
1)To identify to someone that one has recognized them, a greeting.
"He saw him enter the room and nodded his head towards him and proclaimed 'werd.'"
2)To show an understanding or to substitute for 'yes'
"'Thomas, could you move that box over here?' Thomas replied, 'Werd'"
Youge (adv, n) (yoo-je) ("je" as in french for "I")
1)To describe to someone of a habitual interaction with ones environment
a) Little or no change in ones daily routine
"In the past week, I have been up to the youge."
b) To be stuck in a rut that is comfortable
"Seth, I've been worried about how much you have been playing Zelda. It seems to have become the youge for you."
I have not had a youge for the past week. It has fluctuated. On Saturday, I reffed 10 volleyball matches for club sports and pocketed a fair amount of money. Never thought I would have a part time job reffing volleyball in another province. Wacko.
Wacko (adj) (waak-o)
1) Something that is out of line. In essence, not the youge.
After the weekend I spent most of my Sunday at Brian’s eating soup and doing calculus homework. Yesterday I had a volleyball game against the 2nd rank team in the OCAA (Ontario College Athletic Association) and we won in five games after having a rocky start and going down two games to none. I packed a guy in the face. It was a nice dig on his part, but I would have rather had a kill. It was our first win, and a big one for morale. In two weeks I have a paper due for history, and it's freaking me out for no apparent reason, but mostly because I've procrastinated thus far. I also received a nice care package from the folks. The slippers are fantastic.
If any of you have other words that are in your vocabulary that are worth sharing, please do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment