Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tickles the Liver

The trees outside of my window are just about to bloom. That makes me excited, not only because that means spring and the end of semester is near, but also because I think blooming makes the tree feel happy. If tree's had feeling.

I eluded to the concept of memory and the reductionist view that I had while trying to explain it as a mix of chemicals in a previous blog. I'm not sure if I believe that anymore. How could you? Maybe one day we'll be able to figure a bit more about it, but on the whole, I think the composition of memories can only be attributed to our spirit. Data, and android from Star Trek: TNG had a reductionist view of memories and stated that they were mRNA sequences stored in our brains. mRNA has a half life far too short to even remember what we did yesterday, therefore Data was full of shit.

Along with spring comes me tucked away in the library studying. I remember a beautiful Friday afternoon last year where I was the only one in the entire library for majority of the day. A fear of the sun you say? My vitamin D is important to me, don't get me wrong, but the knowledge of how vitamin D works I think is worth staying in for. Calcium regulation people, calcium regulation.

Today was Cadet and Gem Sunday at church. I could recite all the Cadet pledges, saying and verses. Cadets is a sweet program. Maybe I'll be a counsellor one day. I think I got the sign language badge. That was one of my few badges. You could say that I was more interested in using the go-cart rather than making some crappy soap candle or wooden shelf. Brian on the other hand had way too many badges. I mean, he did everything. It's probably the reason why he's so well rounded today. I was never in Gems.

Six days remain until I catch a plane to see my sweetie. Of those six days, four of them will have an exam. Of those four days, 8 burgers will be consumed, and approximately 50 mL of mayonnaise. I'm looking forward to some good food after this stretch.

Ryan and I saw a cat in the process of getting run over the other day. There was a puff of fur. Try to avoid hitting cats, or keep yours inside.

That is all.

No comments: