Saturday, March 08, 2008

Happy March

March is a good month. There's a few birthdays in March, there's a few holidays in March, there's a few snow falls in March, and there's a few sunny days in March. There's also a few midterms, papers, assignments, presentations and formal lab write ups in March. Still, overall, March is still a good month. It's snowing today. It also snowed on Wednesday, allowing me to not go to class and to study for a midterm. I was thankful for that. I was also thankful that Rebecca made it home safe from Rome. Rome sounded fun.

In the midst of all the business, its still nice to relax. Believe it or not, I enjoy shoveling the driveway. I love the type of work that I can see results. If I feel like I'm not doing much, I simply need to look behind me and see all the snow that's been shoveled so far. That's harder to do with school. You can do a lot, but not see anything for a while, until you get assignments back. But that's still not the same. I shoveled the driveway already today, and it's still snowing. That makes me somewhat happy. I think that means I'll go back out tonight and shovel it again.

April is also a good month. It's usually sunny and warm, and I don't have many labs or assignments. I have some final exams, but I like those. That's my favourite time of the year. However, in April I will also be seeing my sweetheart in England. That makes me happy. It's only 6 weeks away, which also makes me happy.

I'm a guy that likes to schedule thing. I might have taken this from my mother, as she is quite organized as well. I have times when I go to sleep, wake up, do work, and relax. The schedule is not set in stone, but it is well followed. I suppose that's why I keep a to-do list. I like to be able to cross off things so it feels like I'm productive. I suppose that's one of the perks of university.

I'm tired right now. I'm tired of school, tired of the looming work needing to be done, I'm tired of waking up early to do work, and staying up late to see it finished. I would like April to come quick. But that's what always happens when you're busy. Time flies. Like a dragonfly, or a horsefly, or a bird. All those things can fly.

No comments: