I would love to do a study of the human brain. The Counting Crows song "I wish I was a Girl" is an interesting place to start. I wish I was a girl so that you could believe me, and so that I could shake this static. Yes, those are lyrics of the song. What the singer is getting to, I'm not 100% sure, mostly because I am a striking young man and not a girl, therefore I cannot multitask by interpreting a song and blogging at the same time. So, to close this thought, Ryan wanted me to say something about breasts. Why? I'm not entirely sure, but here I go. Boobies. Interesting. Moving on.
The blogging human brain works in magical ways. I'm sure that there is some sort of mathematical equation. If one (the blogger) has ample time to spare to his or her leisure, that time will be spent doing things other than writing a blog (usually) and although writing a new blog might be on ones "to do" list, there are usually other things that fall into the cracks of our schedules other than to do the blog. Now if the blogger is swamped with other work, for example, a geography midterm tomorrow which I, I mean, the blogger hasn't studied for enough, that studying will take a commanding secondary role, encouraging the blogger to in fact, write a blog. Neat.
I've been thinking a lot lately, for, that is what I believe we as humans and Christians should be doing. Yes, we could survive by living in a small room with no human contact, art, creation or any other physical stimulus, but alas, we would not be living. There are essential things that we need that explode past the typical textbook answer of food, shelter and water. What all these things are most certainly differs from one person to the next, although similarities would most certainly show up. Never the less, there is a long list of esentials past those nifty three things. And now for the cool stuff. What is sin? Well, possibly, I'm not sure, but it could be the distortion, the alteration or misuse of the essential things that we as humans need to live. Talking crudely? The misuse of language and communication. Murder? The misuse of understanding human relationships and the respect of living things. I've started to realize (which, really is quite sad that it took me a good 19 years) of how ignorant I am on how people really live. We don't all grow up in loving homes where food is provided, where parents love each other, and where relationships are treasured. The world is pretty farked up (I was going to drop an eff-bomb, but not today. Stay tuned.) and I wonder why I grew up in the environment that I did. Etc. Mange.
Big Tim and I were discussing things that we feel safe in while trying to make a bitchin' song today. We both agreed that crawling into a warm bed when it's cold outside is very nice. I enjoy it a lot. I also like warm soup, tea with friends and being able to be yourself without freaking out about whether you're being accepted or not. Granted, that's still a struggle, but whatevs. I've been playing a lot more air guitar, it's a good way to loosen up/ push myself out of my box of comfort in the halls.
That's all I think. The next few weekers are a bit busy, so I'll be posting (up on Waggo and dropping 50) more in the near future.
Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment