Sunday, December 04, 2005

Trees and Their Open Branches

Update time!
Finals are next week, and I didn't really realize it. They "snuck up" on me metaphorically, which is funny, because finals are just going to be pieces of paper with ink on them in the form of questions. How can inky paper sneak up on you. I doubt that paper or ink has any will to say to itself, "I shall sneak up on this student. Oh, sweet glory, I shall sneak up indeed!" That is why I put "snuck up" in quotations and mentioned it as a metaphor. Ink and paper... no will. Oddly enough, a physical will for a person is usually written on paper with ink describing who gets what, so maybe ink and paper is a will in itself. Thus we can conclude that although ink and paper have no mindful will themselves, they can be a will for someone else, or more likely, another piece of paper with ink on it. So, maybe the finals that snuck up on me are not going on their own will, but instead on the will of other pieces of paper, possibly receipts or magazine articles.

D14 got a gamecube on a spur of the moment "we need to play more Mario games" shopping spree. So Steve and Jesse bought one. A day after Steve wanted another game, so he traded in some PS2 games, including Jesse's beloved Madden '06, to buy a wrestling game. Jesse wasn't a fan, but he's found a way to get what he wants. An item on Jesse's Christmas list : Madden '06 for Gamecube.

Volleyball has been going pretty alright okay. We've won 4 strait and just finished up winning a tourny yesterday in Niagara (falls... hahahahaha). The tourny was poorly organized and in turn we had an odd schedule. We played at 8 on Saturday morning (which we had to leave the school at 6:15 for) and then won very quickly. We were done before 9 and awaited for our next game which was to be at 6 pm. Such is life. I now consider myself a professional athlete however. We were giving 25 dollars each for the weekend as food money. I didn't spend most of my money, and I now have a made a profit from playing a sport. I'm entering my name into the NBA '06 draft this upcoming year.

Congrats to the FVC boys who came in 3rd. See you guys in a couple of weeks.

No comments: