This past week, I've felt a bit like a cosine graph. Not the type of cosine graph that you translate up so that it initially seems more impressive, but more like a reciprocated sine graph, translated three to the right, flipped on the x-axis and then left to hang on the "y" to dry. I've been up and down in my excitement for my upcoming RUC life, and unlike the cosine function, I have a feeling that I will retain my position up on the graph. The reason I get down is I either see:
A) Some mountains, which make me think, "Oh, yeah...shoot. They don't have those in such large amounts out east.
B) Some friends leaving. This is two part though. When my friends leave, they're stoked for school, and, though I'm sad that their leaving, their excitement makes me happy.
But after a chat with my fellow RUC freshman Adrienne, I am fully looking forward to the adventure of ripping it up freestyle on my own. Metaphorically speaking of course.
LIST UPDATE:
1) Go to UBC research grounds at least 2 more time (possibly jump stump)- Done
2) Figure out the clothes I need to survive the harsh eastern winter. Sweater count as of now : 3. I love my mom, she buys me clothes and makes fashion so much easier. Not only do I now have a stylish black turtleneck (seriously, it doesn't look that bad), but I also have more that 1 style of jean, which breaks the record for my life.
3) Chill with my peeps from Ladner and New West. Possibly be done on Aug 28-29. - Done, and doing. This past week has be littered with farewell parties and good times, though hang-out time is not officially over till I leave.
4) See my good friend Stewart in Squamish. I really want to drive up there and see his habitat. - Done. I went on Friday, and his house and area is pretty sweet. The pictures he can take at sunset from his backyard are insane.
5) Get an epic item in Warcraft. - Done
No comments:
Post a Comment