And so it begins. My first day at Elim doing labour was less than what I hoped it would be. I don't mind doing work at all, in fact, work is good because it passes the time and you get paid. One thing I don't like about work (and hopefully my last bad experience will be at the end of August) is the people who are in the work place. I have heard that there are some good job sites out there where the people are friendly, but telling that to me is like me telling a blind person about a sunset. The people at Elim (save the other lackies like myself) are illtempered, impatient wieners who couldn't give an encouragement if at gunpoint. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but my day today sealed that stereotype for one person. His name is Tony, he's Croatian, he can almost speak English, and he's old. He is very impatient, and gives very little instruction for tasks he wants you to complete. My boss and the other workers said not to worry about Tony, for they all had their time working with him. My only problem is when the guy calls you a "fucker" for asking him to repeat a command he gave to you, heavy in accent, mumbled under his breath, and in the wrong verb tense. Where's the love? So, throughout the day, I was cursed at while trying to read this old mans mind. Lucky for me I only have 5 more patios to form and my boss tells me I'll be free of him. Let's hope so.
When work is over, I like to sit back, listen to Norah Jones, and read. Warcraft is losing its addictivness, and I'm starting to reflect more. This blog will be my journal until I have a real one. I'm also trying to get my relationship with God going again after a long time of slacking off on my part. Two more month till University, counting the days...
No comments:
Post a Comment