I feel/hope there are a few things that I have or I will really give my all to. There are some other things that I'm perfectly happy to give only a portion of my energy towards. One such example is sports. The Grizzlies ceased to be a part of my life when they left for greener pastures in Memphis in 2001. It was then that I stopped following basketball. Then the sweet, sweet Canucks took my attention and I've been a 65% fan of them ever since. 65% you say? Why, yes, that's what I call a fan who only knows 65% of the players on the team, which is a fine foundation. Ohlund's still playing, right? Don't even ask me about the rest of the NHL.
Music is the same way. I have preference of the type of music I listen to. I respect people like my brother Josh who can listen and appreciate a wide variety of music, but just like my 'Nucks, I stick to what I know. And here's what I know: I like chill, folky music. Here's another thing I know: my buddy Tim's band makes that type of music. Despite having the moral obligation of supporting my friends, it is sure easier to do so when they've got talent in that particular field.
The band's name is Bruekke, and they just released a 3 song album that you can stream fully here. They've got something going on, and the other half a dozen songs I've heard in their concerts only reassure my liking of their music. So, why not give them a listen and show a little support? Heck, if you even like it, buy the album for 3 bucks.
Here's a clip of song from a phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment