Thursday, July 02, 2009

Dusting Off A Thought Dumpster

Too long? Perhaps. I suppose there is a season for everything. I mean, some people never write down their thoughts, dreams, quirky anecdotes, or obscure stories. I figure a five month hiatus isn't the end of the world.

I've found learning is a slow process. Some parts of it are quick, like learning not to touch a hot stove, or possibly not to strike cow when standing behind it. However, most pieces of wisdom seem to seep into who you are, festering themselves without your knowledge until one day they infest your brain, causing a eureka moment. Though, the moment doesn't always need to be spontaneous, as much as it can be a reflection. My heavy breathing after climbing one flight of stairs could be an oversize arrow pointing towards the gym, which can easily be mitigated by the use of an elevator. Only when the elevator is broken does the lesson reappear.

Quite frankly, I don't want to do a summary of how I've been over the past five months, nor is it my desire to look forward to contemplate how much my world will change in a couple of months. However, the present is a good place to start.

I'm satisfied right now. I'm content. I'd imagine the feeling I have right now compares to that of a full grown hungry panda who had just finished eating a mountain of bamboo. Now, although my satisfaction goes quite beyond that of feeling full, but if there is anyway to transmutate that physical fullness to that of a "wellness" fullness, then I suppose that would be the best description of my satisfaction.

Work is good. Friends are good. Fiance's are good. I'm healthy. I have little stress.

Granted, I hope my contentment isn't grounded in the above five circumstances, as we all know those things are not static, but instead are plastic and can change as quickly as a streaker after a run though a bingo hall on seniors night.

That is all.

No comments: