It's that last push of this semester, and instead of doing work that I should be doing, I am running around the house trying to steal Tim's yogurt. He stopped me and hit me with a banana. Baaah-na-na!
Tim and Ree are currently preparing for a presentation behind me, while I'm trying to distract them. Their focus is far greater than mine, as I even lost focus trying to distract them. So crazy.
I'm so close to being all done my second last semester at Redeemer. I can't wait to be home. I don't know why, but the thought of having a hot shower in the cold bathroom of my home is just on my mind.
____
The man stopped just short of the cedar door. He stood there, wondering if he should grasp the chilled metal of the handle, allowing him to go inside, safe from the cold night that was outside. Instead, he couldn't collect himself to face what was awaiting him . He turned around, and took the few concrete steps down to the drive way and hopped in his Toyota and rested his head on the steering wheel. The horn sounded accidentally, which caused him to jolt his head up. Looking around to see that no one was around to hear the horn, he started his car and stealthed out of the driveway, heading towards the nearest McDonalds. Only a cheeseburger could comfort him now. It's slick patties sandwiched between the finest cheese, lettuce and bun enticed him. The cheeseburger was his only friend now. If only it could respond to all the problems that he often poured over it in his pre-eating ritual. The end was always the same; a half eaten cheeseburger left on the tray as he ran to the bathroom to vomit and morn the loss of his newest friend. He would then go back to the door one more time, then sleep on the lawn of his brothers house just down the road.
_____
I guess I'll see you guys in a month. Ta ta.
No comments:
Post a Comment