Saturday, March 10, 2007

Groben

So. Soooooooooooooooooo. A brief summary of this post may be "fowne-ed" at the end of this post.

Good things are on the move. Let me provide an illustration. Imagine watching a slug crawl along on the ground, and then, before your very eyes, it sprouts three legs, all decked out with new Reebok "air pump" kicks. Then watch this slug run away from you. The good things I was talking about in the first sentence are better than the slug just described.

If some of you remember, I was reported to have said that I did not get the lab job I had hoped on getting. The feeling that I had that day would have similar characteristics as something indescribable. Scratch that. That day sucked.

Events unfolded after that in which I would have the opportunity to talk to the Professor who was doing the research. I talked to him indeed, and low and behold, he offered me the job apart from the government grant. That day did not suck. Carrying on.

This made me happy and/or sad. Happy in that I got the job, but sad because plans I was making for the summer in BC again had to be reworked, including working with the "oh so pretty" flowers at West Coast Gardens. The mood was again, not the greatest.

I talked with the Professor about this and at the end of this conversation we had worked out a way so that I would spend a month working in BC with my mommy (hi mom!) and then proceed to do my nerdy research in the lab for the remaining three months. Happiness spread into my being like motile bacteria in an agar deep test tube.

Summary:
Didn't get job - mood was bad
Talked to prof, got job - mood was good
Wasn't sure about summer plans - mood was bad
Professor cleared up the worries of summer - mood was good.

Conclusion: (Click to enlarge)

No comments: