Monday, August 14, 2006

Silence

Good evening.

There has been lack of communication this summer. I know. Please, don't get me wrong. I'm not apologizing by any means. Silence can been a good thing. I recently finished a novel by Chaim Potok called "The Chosen" which deals with silence in a unique way, showing the positive and negative sides of it. If you plan to go to TWU then there's a good chance you'll have to read it. Back on topic.

But the communication must be restored, for there shall be a reunion of mass proportions as I venture out to the big "O" for yet another year of studies. As of last week, I was in no means wanting to go back. My time in BC has just been that good. Friends, family, the comforts of home... they were all here in abundance. I can't stress how amazing it is to have home cooked meals waiting for you to consume them night after night after days of work. It is formidable. I was talking to a friend who was longing to return to school, stating the reasons mostly connected to "freedom" that being on your own brings. But as I look back on the past 4 months, freedom hasn't been an issue. So what if someone asks you where you're going out on any given night...they care about you. I'd take being cared about over renegade freedom any day. 'Tis be a ramblin' young boss. Topic, come be restored.

I have been able to buy and consume alcohol legally for about a week now. I must say, that is a freedom that kind of makes you smile a little bit, giggle in your kidneys if you will. I feel as though the past 5 years of my life have been at the same age (because everything changes when you're 13, you're a bloody teenager! LOL, brb, ttyl, bf, gf, byob, pwnd, hc, etc.) But when the day came where everything that society had to offer me, I felt a freedom in that. It was kind of neat. So, a few things I would like to state.

Best beer that has been drank so far: The limited release Granville Island Raspberry Wheat Ale. This beer is quite sweet, due to that fact that the raspberry puree that they added was added to the second last step of the brewing during the cooling step. Most other specialty beers (Maple Cream, any honey lager, winter ales, etc.) have their special ingredients added after the fermenting stage. Very nice.

Number of times I've been carded: Zero. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I have a dirty beard or that I really look quite old. I should have been carded about 6 times thus far, but alas, none has come. Werd? Werd.

So, just like Warcraft has come to an end, Summer is quickly following suit. I'm getting quite stoked for school due to the fact of a few recent events happening (big Tim Selles returning, possible dorm changes, Toronto film festival) and my flight leaves two weeks today. With Ryan living in the same house as myself, I hope many upon many hours of video editing will fill the void that was my warcraft playing time. As for James, peace.

Coco

No comments: